SAMPLE SHORT TERM RENTAL AGREEMENT – PROVIDED FOR REFERENCE ONLY
YOUR PERSONALIZED CONTRACT WILL BE PROVIDED BY HOMEOWNER AND MANAGED THROUGH DOCUSIGN
This Rental Agreement (the “Agreement”) is a legally binding agreement made and entered into as of the date last set forth on the signature page of this Agreement by and between B&B Associates, Ltd. (“Homeowner”, “We”, “Us”) and [GUEST NAME] (“Guest”), pursuant to which the Guest has agreed to rent the Property for the duration of the Rental Term. For good and valuable consideration, the sufficiency of which is acknowledged, the parties hereby agree:
- Villa Grand Piton (“Property”) is located in Soufriere, Saint Lucia, off the Anse Chastanet Hotel Road. The Property consists of furnished living and dining areas, three furnished bedrooms and bathrooms with linens, entertainment room, kitchen with appliances, swimming pool and gazebo.
- The Rental Term begins at 4:00 p.m. on [Check-In Date] and ends at 11:00 a.m. on [Check-Out Date].
- The [Number of guests]-person Rental Party shall consist of [Name of each guest]. Guest agrees to be financially responsible for the actions of the entire Rental Party and anyone else any member of the Rental Party invites onto the Property.
- Guest may increase the size of the Rental Party to six people by informing Homeowner of name and paying the extra-person fee in effect as of booking date for each additional guest prior to Check-In Date. Any guest not paid for prior to arrival date will incur a $200US per night fee, payable upon arrival. We will deny lodging to any person that would exceed our maximum of six overnight guests.
- Cancellation Policy: Homeowner will refund deposit if cancellation is made more than 60 days prior to Check-in Date. All monies paid by the Guest will be forfeited if Guest cancels 60 or fewer days before Check-in Date. Guest is strongly advised to purchase travel insurance.
- Proof of Identity: Guest must be present during the Rental Term. Guest agrees that any member of the Rental Party paying for rent or services with a credit card or PayPal account will, upon request, prove identity with a government-issued driver’s license or passport that matches payment information or signee identity.
- Smoking is not allowed anywhere in the villa or on the property except in the designated smoking area. The first violation of this by any member of the Rental Party or their invited guests shall result in a warning. Repeated violations may result in eviction of any or all members of the Rental Party with no refund for the remaining Rental Term.
- No illegal or commercial activities may be conducted on the Property.
- No member of the Rental Party may invite any person not in the Rental Party onto the Property without prior written permission from the Homeowner. Unauthorized guests will be escorted off the Property, and repeated violations may result in eviction of any or all members of the Rental Party with no refund for the remaining Rental Term.
- Homeowner has advertised the property in good faith and shall strive to ensure the operation of all amenities advertised. Homeowner will make commercially reasonable efforts to correct reported issues quickly but shall not be held financially responsible for the failure of any amenities to work.
- Rental Rules: Guest agrees to abide by the Rental Rules attached as Exhibit A at all times while at the Property and shall cause all members of the Rental Party and anyone else Guest permits on the property to abide by the Agreement and the Rental Rules at all times while at the property.
- Access: Guests shall allow Homeowner access to the Property for purposes of repair, cleaning, maintenance and inspection. Homeowner shall exercise this right of access in a reasonable manner.
- Housekeeping services are included in the rental rate. Housekeeper makes beds, sweeps the house, and cleans the bathrooms and the kitchen. Fresh linens will be provided mid-week. Housekeeper must be allowed to clean at least every other day and has the right to enter the villa and clean if Guest is not keeping the villa adequately clean between scheduled cleanings. At Housekeeper’s request, Housekeeper shall be allowed one day off during rental term.
- Liability: Homeowner and staff of Villa Grand Piton are not liable for personal injury to members of the rental party or their visitors while on the property, or for loss of personal property, including items placed in an in-room safe. Guest acknowledges that Homeowner has described the inherent hazards the Property may present to children [for those with children under 13]. Guests are advised to purchase traveler insurance and carry their own personal injury and personal property insurance.
- Damage: Guest is responsible for damages to the Property that are above and beyond normal wear and tear caused by any member of the Rental Party or person invited onto the Property by a member of the Rental party. Homeowner shall notify Guest of such damages within 7 days of Check-out date, and invoice Guest for replacement or repair costs of missing or damaged items within 30 days of checkout date. Guest agrees to pay such invoice within 15 days of receipt. For those parties with children under 13: Homeowner reserves the right to charge a refundable damage deposit to be paid prior to Check-In date.
- The information presented on third-party listing or booking sites was provided in good faith within the constraints imposed by the booking site. In the case of conflicts between the booking site information and any clause in this contract, this contract shall be binding.
- Homeowner advertises Property on multiple booking sites. Homeowner does not provide price adjustments or offer low rate guarantees, nor refund service fees paid by Guest to listing sites.
- Other Services (cooking, etc.), may be arranged with or through Housekeeper or Driver. Such arrangements are neither included in the rental fee nor covered under this Agreement. Payment services provided by Homeowner are for the convenience of the Guest and shall not be construed as an acceptance of responsibility or liability for the paid-for services.
- The staff members of Villa Grand Piton are designated representatives of Homeowner and are authorized to enforce or otherwise carry out the terms of this contract during the Rental Term.
- Execution and Default. This contract shall be executed by Homeowner upon receipt of the full deposit and the Guest’s execution of the contract. If Guest-executed contract is not received before [24 hours after Homeowner sends contract], Homeowner shall not be obligated to execute this contract. If the entire rental fee is not received by 55 days prior to the arrival date, Homeowner shall have the right to assume Guest has cancelled and the normal cancellation policy shall be in effect.
- This Agreement is not transferable or assignable without the written consent of the Homeowner.
- This Agreement shall be governed by the laws of St Lucia.
X___________________________________________________ Date: __________________
X___________________________________ B&B Associates Ltd. – Villa Grand Piton
- Smoking (including the use of e-cigarettes, vaping pens, or other similar devices) is NOT allowed anywhere on the property! Do not bring cigarette butts into the villa for disposal.
- No mosquito coils, candles or other items that are designed to be ignited are allowed inside. We have mosquito rackets and nets, and LED candles throughout the house for ambiance.
- Staff coverage and access: Housekeeper and groundskeeper will arrive around 9 AM and ask for permission to enter villa after the back doors are opened by Guest. Groundskeeper and Housekeeper may stay until late in the afternoon, depending on the amount of work to be done and the transportation arrangements. Night caretaker arrives approximately as day staff leaves and remains outdoors overnight, until approximately when day staff arrives.
- Housekeeper sets schedule for staff. Guest may not dismiss any staff person. If Guest is not satisfied with Housekeeper’s schedule, Guest must contact Homeowner to request a change. The villa is not available to rent without the staff.
- No glass around the pool. Broken glass in the pool is very dangerous and almost impossible to clean out. Please note – if you break glass in the pool, you will liable for the cost of draining and refilling the pool. The cost can be as much as $1000 US, as we may have to purchase water in truckloads to refill the pool. We have unbreakable plastic glasses in the freezer and stainless steel mugs for your use outside.
- Please be safe - no diving in the pool as the pool is only six feet deep.
- Our property manager/housekeeper will meet you upon arrival and show you around the villa. If you have an issue with the villa then, let her know right away. Be sure you know where the villa manuals are before she leaves, and please take a few minutes to read them to gain familiarity with the villa to maximize the convenience and comfort of your stay.
- If there is an issue with anything during your stay, please let one of the staff or us know immediately. We work best with guests who are good communicators! The staff is there to help you have a wonderful stay at Villa Grand Piton, but they can’t help if you don’t tell them about the issue. If you are not comfortable telling them the problem or they are not solving it to your satisfaction, call, text or email us and we will address your concern.
- Use of villa items off-property: you are welcome to take the following items to the beach or on activities with you: beach towels and blanket, beach umbrellas and chairs; snorkel gear; sun hats; sunglasses; picnic gear; coolers; thermoses; binoculars, umbrellas and rain jackets. Please be careful with all these items, and bring them back. The next guest will appreciate using them, too.
- Keep the property and all furnishings in good order, and return items to their storage place when you are done.
- If you lose, break or damage something, or inadvertently take it home with you in your luggage (please double-check your luggage when you leave), please let us know so we can keep a good inventory to help us replace items for future guests. We’ve worked very hard to provide a lot of things to make your vacation comfortable and stress-free (charging cords, snorkel gear, beach towels, etc.). Please repay us by leaving them there so the next guest can enjoy them, too. Items are very expensive to replace or repair in St Lucia and may be irreplaceable for several months due to lack of availability or shipping time.
- Use appliances only for their intended use, and use them correctly. If you have any doubt on how to use an appliance, check the villa book with the manuals or ask a staff member. We’ve left printed directions for many of the appliances.
- Do not leave out any food that will attract uninvited pests. This includes food and crumbs remaining on dishes and spills of liquids containing sugar (ants can find sugar within just a few hours). Do not leave dirty dishes around the house or in the sink overnight. You may place them in the dishwasher and run the “rinse” cycle” if there are not enough dishes to run a full cycle. Keep all the food in the refrigerator or in sealed containers, or heavy zipper storage bags.
- Housekeeping staff shall be allowed access to the interior of the villa no later than 10 AM on the Check-Out Date.
- Neighborhood quiet hours are 10 PM to 8 AM. The area around the villa is quiet and peaceful. Please respect the tranquility and limit noise to a level that does not bother the people in the nearby villas. No loud parties or music played at excessive volumes. Our staff has the right to turn your music down if we receive complaints about the noise.
- Please help us conserve energy by turning off the air conditioning, lights, fans, etc. when not being used. The air conditioning was installed to blow cool air on the bed and make sleeping more comfortable. The windows are not covered by glass and the interior walls do not go to the ceiling, so the air conditioning will not cool the room as efficiently as in a tightly-sealed room, and leaving it running when you are not in the room will do nothing but waste electricity. During the day, our staff has the right to enter the villa to turn off air conditioners, fans, lights, etc., that are not in use.
- Toilets: Do not flush anything other than toilet paper and human waste. Do not flush feminine products at any time.