We are progressing to provide the following by late 2016:
In addition to Villa Grand Piton, we offer the rental of our outstanding Ham Radio facilities. This is a very unique opportunity to rent one of the premiere amateur radio stations in the Caribbean. The propagation to all parts of the world is excellent, and the placement of the villa near the top of the mountain ensures plenty of activity and contacts. A separate detached operating building will be provided just for the radio activities so that the rest of the guest party is not disturbed (availability date = post-2016). You can operate the radio while the rest of the people in your party play in the pool, go into town, or head to the beach. Or, make a few casual contacts just before bedtime. This is a single operator, single radio/ contest station (it cannot be used for multi-operator multi-radio contests). We gather information from you and have your J6 license prepared for you when you arrive at the villa. Please inquire for radio equipment rental rates and availability.
• Elecraft K3, new, fully-loaded, “every option”.
• Second receiver.
• Filters at 6.0, 2.1, 1.8, and 0.4 kHz filters both receivers,
• 100 watt module.
• Precision clock module.
• Voice keyer.
• Internal two position RF antenna preamp.
• 2 meter module.
• Separate receive antenna input selection.
• P3 scope, P3TXMON option and 24 inch outboard SVGA monitor.
• USB (and internet) connection.
• KPA500 500 watt amplifier.
• SP3 matching speaker
• Solid state 2.5kW amplifier for 160-6 meters.
• Solid state 1.2kW amplifier for 2 meters.
• Beacon transmitters for 10, 6, and 2 meters (100 watt, 10 watt, 1, watt increments). Beacons are off when the band is in use.
• A 60 foot Rohn 55G tower, base positioned 650 feet directly above the ocean.
• Dipole at fifty-five feet for 160 meters.
• Dipole at fifty-five feet for 80 meters.
• Quarter wave vertical for 80 meters with elevated radials.
• Steppir DB42 antenna three elements on 30/40 meters, five elements on 20/17/15/12/10 meters, and eight elements on 6 meters, integrated SDA100 controller.
• M-Squared 18XXX eighteen element yagi at sixty-eight feet for 2 meters (36.5 foot boom).
• M-Squared RC2800 rotor and RC-21 Green Heron rotor controller with USB connection.
• Directional DX Engineering 4-square receive antenna system for 160 and 80 meters with a phaser and offset antenna for noise null.
• Automatic antenna switch for HF & 6 meters with a separate feedline for 2 meters.
• Verticals for the 10 and 6 meter beacons.
• Eight 5 element Directive Systems phased yagis for the 2 meter beacon.
Other Items Provided:
• Twelve volt, thirty amp power supplies with several spares.
• Custom automatic antenna switching keyed to band switching on the radio. The correct antenna is always automatically selected.
• A MicroKEYER II for RTTY, CW, SSB, and sequencing operations.
• Beacons. The beacons are active only on demand, and are perfect for determining propagation paths and openings.
• The J68HZ CW/RTTY on-island skimmer; the feed is available at the radio operating position via the internet.
• Generic keyer paddle.
• Twenty-four inch Monitor, keyboard, mouse, Ethernet, and 4 GHZ quad-core Dell computer with N1MM+, MTTY, and internet access.
• Simple manual with station operating instructions.
The Building (completion date = post-2016; details subject to change):
• Separate, quiet, detached operating building just for the radio activities on adjacent land so that you and any additional guests are not disturbed.
• Sleeping quarters for four people, bathroom, kitchen, dining room, and radio room.
• Air conditioned.
• Wi-Fi and hard-wire internet access.
• Both 120V/220V USA power and 240V EU power.
What To Bring:
• Headphone-microphone to operate voice modes.
• Your key paddle if you would rather use yours.
• Thumb drive to take your log home.
• Your patience… as YOU are now the DX in very large pile-ups!
Contact the co-owner Bill – J68HZ, for more information concerning this amazing opportunity: firstname.lastname@example.org