A rental contract is required for every rental. You will be sent a customized version of this for your signature. Please – if you book through a site that charges a non-refundable service fee, contact us to find out what changes we will make for you prior to booking your stay.
This Rental Agreement (the “Agreement”) is a legally binding agreement made and entered into as of the date last set forth on the signature page of this Agreement by and between B&B Associates, Ltd. (“Homeowner”) and Traveler (“Guest”), pursuant to which the Guest has agreed to rent the Property for the duration of the Rental Term. For good and valuable consideration, the sufficiency of which is acknowledged, the parties hereby agree:
1. Villa Grand Piton (“Property”) is located in Soufriere, Saint Lucia, off the Anse Chastanet Hotel Road. The Property consists of: living and dining rooms with furnishings, three furnished bedrooms and bathrooms with linens, TV entertainment room, a kitchen with appliances, swimming pool and gazebo.
2. Rental Term: The “Rental Term” begins at 4:00 p.m. on Check-In date and ends at 11:00 a.m. on Check-Out date.
3. Rental Party: [Names of all persons 18 or over that will be staying, plus number of children under 18]. There will be an additional charge of $200 US per person per night for any overnight guests in addition to the Rental Party unless agreed to by Homeowner prior to Check-In date. Under no circumstances may the total number of overnight guests exceed six (6) people.
4. We will deny lodging to any person that would exceed the maximum of six overnight guests. You may invite up to six additional persons onto the Property for a social gathering, but not for an overnight stay.
5. Cancellation Policy: Any cancellation will incur a minimum penalty of 25% of the deposit. If cancellation happens within 90 days of the Check-In Date, the penalty is increased to 50% of the deposit. If cancellation happens within 45 days of the Check-In Date, all monies paid by the Guest will be forfeited. Guest is strongly advised to acquire traveler insurance. [Clause #5 will vary depending on booking site – contact us for details]
6. Homeowner has advertised the property in good faith, and shall strive to ensure the operation of all amenities advertised as being available in the Property. Homeowner shall not be held financially responsible for any such items’ failure to work, but will make efforts to correct reported issues as quickly as practical. Guest acknowledges that repairs will be less timely in St Lucia than in their home country, and may not be completed prior to the end of the rental term.
7. Rental Rules: Guest agrees to abide by the Rental Rules attached as Exhibit A at all times while at the property and shall cause all members of the Rental Party and anyone else Guest permits on the property to abide by the Agreement and the Rental Rules at all times while at the property.
8. This is a NON-SMOKING villa. If a member of the Rental Party or anyone else Guests permits on the property smokes in the villa or on the Property, Homeowner has the right to evict any or all members of the Rental Party and other invited guests.
9. Access: Guests shall allow Homeowner access to the Property for purposes of repair, cleaning, maintenance and inspection. Homeowner shall exercise this right of access in a reasonable manner.
10. Housekeeping services are included in the rental rate. Housekeeper makes beds, sweeps the house, and cleans the bathrooms and the kitchen. Fresh bed linens and towels will be provided mid-week. Guest will arrange with Housekeeper the schedule and frequency of housekeeping visits upon arrival. Housekeeper must be allowed to clean at least every other day. If Housekeeper requests, Housekeeper must be allowed one day off during rental term [more days for stays longer than one week].
11. Liability: Homeowner and staff are not liable for personal injury to members of the rental party or their visitors while on the property, or for loss of personal property, including items placed in an in-room safe. Guest acknowledges that Homeowner has described the inherent hazards the Property may present to children [only for those with children under 13]. Guest is strongly advised to purchase traveler insurance, and carry their own personal injury and personal property insurance.
12. Damage: Guest is responsible for damages to the Property that are above and beyond normal wear and tear caused by any member of the Rental Party or person invited onto the Property by a member of the Rental party. Homeowner shall notify Guest of such damages within 7 days of Check-out date, and invoice Guest for replacement or repair costs of missing or damaged items within 30 days of checkout date. Guest agrees to pay such invoice within 15 days of receipt.
13. If Guest books through a commercial booking site (e.g., HomeAway, VRBO, AirBnB, TripAdvisor, etc.), any fees charged by such site are the responsibility of the Guest and are not included in the Rental Fee payable to Homeowner. Each booking site has a different booking fee and offers different services and protections. Homeowner also has the right to vary rental rates and payment terms between booking sites. Guest is strongly encouraged to research booking options and choose the option best suited to their needs and budget prior to booking, as Homeowner will not refund the difference in booking fees or rental rates if Guest books then later finds a lower booking fee or rental rate.
14. Other Services (cooking, grocery shopping, etc.), may be arranged after arrival with or through Housekeeper. Such arrangements are neither included in the rental fee nor covered under this Agreement.
15. Execution and Default. This contract shall be executed by Homeowner as of the date of the receipt of the deposit and Guest’s execution of the contract via DocuSign. If the deposit and executed contract are not received within 24 hours from the time Homeowner sends the contract, Homeowner shall not be obligated to execute this contract. If the entire rental fee is not received by 40 days prior to the arrival date, Homeowner shall have the right to consider that the Guest has cancelled and the normal cancellation policy shall be in effect. [this clause will vary depending on booking site – contact us for details]
16. The staff members of Villa Grand Piton are designated representatives of Homeowner and are authorized to enforce or otherwise fulfill the terms of this contract during the Rental Term.
17. This Agreement shall be governed by the laws of St Lucia.
1. Smoking (including the use of e-cigarettes or other similar devices) is NOT allowed anywhere on the property! No smoking in the villa or on the grounds of the property. Do not bring cigarette butts into the villa for disposal. If you break any part of this rule we have the right to evict you.
2. Staff coverage and access: Housekeeper and groundskeeper will arrive around 9 AM and ask for permission to enter villa after the back doors are opened by Guest. Groundskeeper and Housekeeper may stay until late in the afternoon, depending on the amount of work to be done and the transportation arrangements. Night caretaker arrives shortly before dusk and remains outdoors overnight, until morning. The villa is not available to rent without the staff.
3. No glass around the pool. Broken glass in the pool is very dangerous and almost impossible to clean out. We have plastic glasses and plastic stemless wine glasses for your use outside.
4. No diving in the pool. The pool is only six feet deep, which is unsafe for diving.
5. Our property manager/housekeeper will meet you upon arrival and show you around the villa. If you have an issue with the villa then, let her know right away. Be sure you know where the villa manuals are before she leaves, and please take a few minutes to read them to gain familiarity with the villa to maximize your comfort during your stay.
6. Use of villa items off-property: you are welcome to take the following items to the beach or on activities with you: beach towels, beach umbrellas, beach chairs and blanket, snorkel gear, sun hats, sunglasses, plastic glasses, coolers, thermoses, umbrellas and rain jackets. Please be careful with all these items, and bring them back. The next guest will appreciate using them as much as you did.
7. Keep the property and all furnishings in good order, and return them to their storage place when you are done.
8. If you lose, break or damage something, or inadvertently take it home with you in your luggage (please double-check your luggage when you leave), please let us know and arrange for its replacement or repair. We’ve worked very hard to provide a lot of things to make your vacation comfortable and stress-free (charging cords, snorkel gear, beach towels, etc.). Please repay us by leaving them there so the next guest can enjoy them, too. Items are very expensive to replace or repair in St Lucia and may be irreplaceable for several months due to lack of availability.
9. Use appliances only for their intended use, and use them correctly. If you have any doubt on how to use an appliance, check the villa book with the manuals. We’ve left printed directions for many of the appliances.
10. Do not leave out any food that will attract uninvited pests. This includes spills of liquids containing sugar (ants can find sugar within just a few hours). Do not leave dirty dishes in the sink overnight. You may place them in the dishwasher and run the “rinse” cycle” if there are not enough dishes to run a full cycle. Keep all the food in the refrigerator or in sealed containers, or heavy zipper storage bags (check the pantry).
11. If another rental party is checking in on the same day as the Check-Out Date, housekeeping staff shall be allowed access to the Property no later than 10 AM on the Check-Out Date.
12. No loud parties or music played at excessive volumes. The area around the villa is quiet and peaceful. Please respect the tranquility and limit noise to a level that does not bother the people in the nearby villas. Neighborhood quiet hours are 10 PM to 8 AM.
13. Please help us conserve energy by turning off the air conditioning when you are not in the room. The windows are not covered by glass and the interior walls do not go to the ceiling, so the air conditioning will not cool the room as efficiently as in a tightly-sealed room. The air conditioning was installed to blow cool air on the bed and make sleeping more comfortable. During the day, our staff has the right to enter the villa to turn off air conditioners, fans, lights, etc., when you are not inside the villa
14. Toilets: Do not flush anything other than toilet paper and human waste. Do not flush feminine products at any time.
15. If there is an issue with anything during your stay, please let one of the staff or us know immediately. We work best with guests who are good communicators! The staff is there to help you have a wonderful stay at Villa Grand Piton, but they can’t help if you don’t tell them about the issue. If our staff is not solving your issue to your satisfaction, or if you are not comfortable telling them about it, call, text or email us and we will address your concern.